TERMS AND RAQ (rarely asked questions… but should be)
1 | will my name or location be publicly disclosed in the compilation video?
no. only the clip you share and your general state or country/city.
2 | what permissions do i need to do this?
if you are under 18, the okay of your parents/guardians. you’ll need the ok of the owner of any property you film in, if it’s not in your house. and the ok of any other people you film — they should know where their image is going.
3 | can i send in other content instead?
we’re really looking for video clips, as that’s what we can use for the compilation. but if - alternatively or in addition - you’d like to submit something else (like a song track, graphic illustration, still photo…), you’re very welcome to! it would have to be original of your own creation.
4 | what is “solidarity”?
our storyboard curator reserves the right to not use a submission if we feel it doesn’t add to the ‘solidarity with others in dealing with COVID-19’ message we are trying to convey. here’s the full list of activity examples we’re looking to feature:
- Streaming an awareness talk for young kids and elderlies, or companies, to explain what’s coming so they mobilize faster and improve basic hygiene
- Facilitating in your building a story-telling session, board games, card games, old’school face-to-face crisis lockdown pasttimes before there was Internet
- Hosting a virtual collaborative creativity session (and plus points for producing a piece like a music track, painting, etc about the human spirit’s resolve!)
- Configuring and training old skoolers on contactless wallet payments by phone to not touch cash bills
- Helping with Discord/Reddit/Telegram corona channel moderation and admin
- Writing a guide or free online course on entering/exiting homes, quarantine, clothing sanitation, food safety, how to get to a hospital, wait times, getting food
- 3D printing free DIY valves for your neighborhood hospital's ICU ventilators and other consumables/disposables they need
- Creating disinfection-stations with sanitizers+masks, handwashing+’poor man’s UVGI’ (hair salon sterilizing bulb autoclave) for keys/phones at entrances
- Running emergency fuel cans to people before gas stations close
- Convening a neighborhood watch group to monitor for looters, regulate guns, support/treat/evacuate/quarantine (not avoid!) cases close to home or heart💜
- Using a retail or compounding pharmacy to pre-serve a big stash of OTC meds + home O2 concentrators/nebulizers you could get your hands on without an Rx: the usual flu arsenal, zinc picolinate+lozenges to send for free to a member of your community if they come down with it, so their life doesn’t depend on battling for an ICU bed with a multimillionaire or with insurers for Rx approvals. If you can source Rx-only antivirals somehow, even better!
- Stockpiling for others a minimum 45-90 day supply of dry foods and water, refitting homes with water tap filters
- Adding HEPA air filters on air vents in your shared building with shared central AC ducts
- Filling up and handing out pocket sanitizer gels to people. Could be disinfectant wipes or spray bottles too
- Replacing people’s door handles with copper ones (copper kills germs)
- Treating a person with it (only perform this if you are medically qualified!!!)
- Volunteering for your red cross, soup kitchen, or municipal-government-approved social cause like the homeless or other… or with an NGO involved in disaster response and aid during this crisis. They’ll need a lot of help during this time.
- Enlisting with your national guard
- Building an HVAC quarantine tent setup to have on hand during emergencies using DIY plans
- Working with your city council or ministry/department of health to help it build/expand its hospital facility surge capacity
- Working with your employer or school to help it build/expand its in-house nursing/medical capability, sanitizing gel dispensers around office/campus
5 | i feel numb and empty inside, wanting to stay holed up in my shell of addictions. how do i nurture courage and love inside me to do things for others... with all this going on in the world?
recite this “proclamation of the affilicted”, by our creativ1:
"oh new virus, do you vye us? we are you and you are us. this is not your pan or epidemic. it’s happy and academic; our blue dot returning to balance. after the carbons and saws of our species ravaged the “lungs” of our space-vessel, Earth = millions of rainforest trees — habitats of sssnakes — what is an equal and opposite reaction? millions of carbon-based ribonucleic acids of saw-toothed sssnakes... ravaging the tree-branched lungs of our bodily vessels. as out, so in; welcome, all that is serpentine, into our chests we host you. we took your home and now will become your home. when our systems (both externally institutional and internally physiological) have remembered to coexist with you — remembered that our mammalian brain transcended yet STILL INCLUDES THE REPTILIAN for survival — we will together be transmuted into something greater. And in the process of this metamorphosis, I deal my cards and walk the path they show me I’ve chosen: here i brazenly stand on the roulette table of the world, guided by divine chance, in the protection of the miraculous, whatever hand i am fated, feeling what I do not see, wishing it free, its suffering far from me, until it no longer needs to be. i am a change changer. i see change, i take it, and i change it. i change change, i am change."
6 | why was sonution moved to instigate this? what triggered ‘the COVIDEO-19'?
like a lot of you we’ve been glued every waking hour to every piece of news big or small about COVID-19 for 2 months now, and it’s overwhelming, so we’ve switched off a lot of it so we can regain our mental energy to spring into RIGHT ACTION. what is right action after you’ve stocked up on as many supplies as you can? doing good and being of service to the elders around us who have a wisdom that may be entirely lost in one’s lifetime… and to inspire the next generation of youths who need to connect with purpose and guidance in navigating this world. as just civilians the SONUTION crew has lived inside 3 wars , yet the crisis posed by this deceptively ‘less fatal’ pathogen has done more to rock multiple countries (and the people in them literally) well off their feet, small family businesses and big empires, dreams, and educations than all of them combined. livelihoods. memories. if you are able, DO something. being pacifist, glued to addictions now at home is a waste of one’s great potential to become a changemaker in their community to fill any possible gap or lapse of leadership expected for this crisis from outside it.
while no amount of prepping will ready us for the trials to come, and benevolent governments are doing all they can, we think we’re good enough for the moment to now reflect on what this pandemic means for the world and where humanity is going. becoming angry, frustrated, confused, scared, anxious… means that this virus WINS. defeating this pandemic really is not only about physical hygiene and bodily hospital care, but psychological positivity too, to differentiate fear from danger, panic from preparedness, and thereby transmute its potential to weaken your community to actually strengthen it… as fire makes steel. that’s the place that moves us to take a stand.
7 | why is this virus the enemy? i’m wondering what all the ruckus over COVID-19 is about.
viruses have plagued us since before we were even human, many integrated into our DNA for generations still being passed down in us. but now we have a totally new one our immune systems and researchers have never seen before, and that’s why it’s called the NOVEL coronavirus, or nCOV-19, the SARS 2 virus that causes Coronavirus disease, or COVID-19. nCOV-19/SARS-2 is dangerous not because it kills a lot of people fast, but because it’s just barely severe enough to drive people to the hospital, and it spreads SO FAST that it totally swamps hospitals everywhere at the same time. If public health breaks down because of it, governments have to lock the world down to ensure public safety. you may not feel it or see it, but it’s here and it’s real. never before in history have ALL the nations and people of the world been so galvanized against a common adversary. and we do believe we need to remember that this is the enemy we are facing … not another country, not our government, or competing political party.
8 | what is the social impact of such a project?
real, courageous empathy to help and aid — preferably prevent — this virus from incurring havoc in your hood and being free from its suffering yourself. this virus wants to isolate us. to separate us and divide us. while it can do this physically because social distancing is wise, it only wins when it makes you forget about the world around you and bury your head into Netflix at home like an ostrich in the sand. so performing community action lovingly is a cure bigger than all the squabbling and bickering going on right now … and it’s not locked up in some lab or some snake oil. bigger… because this fearless act breaks the energy of fear and panic brought by the virus (that’s worse than the physical pain and death it brings on boomers, silents, and the immunodeficient). releasing and sharing this video in the world sends a current of thought in the collective consciousness to counter the widespread sensations of trepidation and powerlessness among the people of the world right now and replace them with a realization that every individual can add value in ease.
9 | am i entitled to any modeling comp?
nope! this is all just us showing the world what we’re truly doing to survive the current societal crisis together, the same way we voluntarily share our images on other social media platforms. we’re not profiting from this in any way.
10 | I am genuinely scared from all this.
that's why we created this project. to help you break your own fear by keeping your mind occupied with action. fear is an illusion, only danger is real. as long as you are not in danger, you have nothing to worry about. remember: there are only two things to worry about, either you are healthy or you are sick. if you are healthy, then there is nothing to worry about. but if you are sick there are only two things toworry about, either you will get well or you will die. if you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you die, you'll be so darn busy jamming songs with your friends you won't have time to worry!