RU SICK 🤢 of feeling powerless in the face of this lockdown? you’re not. be one of us, 19 trailblazers, the “coVIDEO-19”… let’s use the power of the Net to together break the bad vibes of COVID-19 remotely!
how tho? it’s easy! all anyone has to do is send in a 3-to-6-second video clip (with your smartphone, for example) showing you (and or your group) engaged in right home-based action against COVID-19 , using this form, before Thursday the “19”thof MARCH, 2020!
as much as anti-virals and detergents are important in this battle, the biggest CURE in everybody’s hands is… fearless LOVE. so the SONUTION crew is pumped to urgently compile a music video featuring glimpses of ordinary people like us from around the world… positively performing a loving act of solidarity with others in their hyperlocal community… to be able to together better handle the challenges this virus will bring soon ahead (or has already wreaked upon their society). this is an OPEN CALL to get at least one person from 19 countries around the world hit by COVID-19 to be featured in this video … to inspire others with the ultimate cure… a little TLC and a lot of LCA (LOVING COMMUNITY ACTION!)
please include where you’re from in the message section so we know where to cred you, you gotta represent!
after this, we’ll “virally” spread the video around on social media platforms to inspire more people to get off their asses and help each other out at this time.
thanks for making being an everyday hero look easy… because you don’t have to be a superhero with magical powers to do good.
TERMS AND RAQ (rarely asked questions… but should be)
1 | will my name or location be publicly disclosed in the compilation video?
no. only the clip you share and your general state or country/city.
2 | what permissions do i need to do this?
if you are under 18, the okay of your parents/guardians. you’ll need the ok of the owner of any property you film in, if it’s not in your house. and the ok of any other people you film — they should know where their image is going.
3 | can i send in other content instead?
we’re really looking for video clips, as that’s what we can use for the compilation. but if - alternatively or in addition - you’d like to submit something else (like a song track, graphic illustration, still photo…), you’re very welcome to! it would have to be original of your own creation.
4 | what is “solidarity”?
our storyboard curator reserves the right to not use a submission if we feel it doesn’t add to the ‘solidarity with others in dealing with COVID-19’ message we are trying to convey. here’s the full list of activity examples we’re looking to feature:
Streaming an awareness talk for young kids and elderlies, or companies, to explain what’s coming so they mobilize faster and improve basic hygiene
Facilitating in your building a story-telling session, board games, card games, old’school face-to-face crisis lockdown pasttimes before there was Internet
Hosting a virtual collaborative creativity session (and plus points for producing a piece like a music track, painting, etc about the human spirit’s resolve!)
Configuring and training old skoolers on contactless wallet payments by phone to not touch cash bills
Helping with Discord/Reddit/Telegram corona channel moderation and admin
Writing a guide or free online course on entering/exiting homes, quarantine, clothing sanitation, food safety, how to get to a hospital, wait times, getting food
3D printing free DIY valves for your neighborhood hospital's ICU ventilators and other consumables/disposables they need
Creating disinfection-stations with sanitizers+masks, handwashing+’poor man’s UVGI’ (hair salon sterilizing bulb autoclave) for keys/phones at entrances
Running emergency fuel cans to people before gas stations close
Convening a neighborhood watch group to monitor for looters, regulate guns, support/treat/evacuate/quarantine (not avoid!) cases close to home or heart💜
Using a retail or compounding pharmacy to pre-serve a big stash of OTC meds + home O2 concentrators/nebulizers you could get your hands on without an Rx: the usual flu arsenal, zinc picolinate+lozenges to send for free to a member of your community if they come down with it, so their life doesn’t depend on battling for an ICU bed with a multimillionaire or with insurers for Rx approvals. If you can source Rx-only antivirals somehow, even better!
Stockpiling for others a minimum 45-90 day supply of dry foods and water, refitting homes with water tap filters
Adding HEPA air filters on air vents in your shared building with shared central AC ducts
Filling up and handing out pocket sanitizer gels to people. Could be disinfectant wipes or spray bottles too
Replacing people’s door handles with copper ones (copper kills germs)
Treating a person with it (only perform this if you are medically qualified!!!)
Volunteering for your red cross, soup kitchen, or municipal-government-approved social cause like the homeless or other… or with an NGO involved in disaster response and aid during this crisis. They’ll need a lot of help during this time.
Enlisting with your national guard
Building an HVAC quarantine tent setup to have on hand during emergencies using DIY plans
Working with your city council or ministry/department of health to help it build/expand its hospital facility surge capacity
Working with your employer or school to help it build/expand its in-house nursing/medical capability, sanitizing gel dispensers around office/campus
5 | i feel numb and empty inside, wanting to stay holed up in my shell of addictions. how do i nurture courage and love inside me to do things for others... with all this going on in the world?
recite this “proclamation of the affilicted”, by our creativ1:
"oh new virus, do you vye us? we are you and you are us. this is not your pan or epidemic. it’s happy and academic; our blue dot returning to balance. after the carbons and saws of our species ravaged the “lungs” of our space-vessel, Earth = millions of rainforest trees — habitats of sssnakes — what is an equal and opposite reaction? millions of carbon-based ribonucleic acids of saw-toothed sssnakes... ravaging the tree-branched lungs of our bodily vessels. as out, so in; welcome, all that is serpentine, into our chests we host you. we took your home and now will become your home. when our systems (both externally institutional and internally physiological) have remembered to coexist with you — remembered that our mammalian brain transcended yet STILL INCLUDES THE REPTILIAN for survival — we will together be transmuted into something greater. And in the process of this metamorphosis, I deal my cards and walk the path they show me I’ve chosen: here i brazenly stand on the roulette table of the world, guided by divine chance, in the protection of the miraculous, whatever hand i am fated, feeling what I do not see, wishing it free, its suffering far from me, until it no longer needs to be. i am a change changer. i see change, i take it, and i change it. i change change, i am change."
6 | why was sonution moved to instigate this? what triggered ‘the COVIDEO-19'?
like a lot of you we’ve been glued every waking hour to every piece of news big or small about COVID-19 for 2 months now, and it’s overwhelming, so we’ve switched off a lot of it so we can regain our mental energy to spring into RIGHT ACTION. what is right action after you’ve stocked up on as many supplies as you can? doing good and being of service to the elders around us who have a wisdom that may be entirely lost in one’s lifetime… and to inspire the next generation of youths who need to connect with purpose and guidance in navigating this world. as just civilians the SONUTION crew has lived inside 3 wars , yet the crisis posed by this deceptively ‘less fatal’ pathogen has done more to rock multiple countries (and the people in them literally) well off their feet, small family businesses and big empires, dreams, and educations than all of them combined. livelihoods. memories. if you are able, DO something. being pacifist, glued to addictions now at home is a waste of one’s great potential to become a changemaker in their community to fill any possible gap or lapse of leadership expected for this crisis from outside it.
while no amount of prepping will ready us for the trials to come, and benevolent governments are doing all they can, we think we’re good enough for the moment to now reflect on what this pandemic means for the world and where humanity is going. becoming angry, frustrated, confused, scared, anxious… means that this virus WINS. defeating this pandemic really is not only about physical hygiene and bodily hospital care, but psychological positivity too, to differentiate fear from danger, panic from preparedness, and thereby transmute its potential to weaken your community to actually strengthen it… as fire makes steel. that’s the place that moves us to take a stand.
7 | why is this virus the enemy? i’mwondering what all the ruckus over COVID-19 is about.
viruses have plagued us since before we were even human, many integrated into our DNA for generations still being passed down in us. but now we have a totally new one our immune systems and researchers have never seen before, and that’s why it’s called the NOVEL coronavirus, or nCOV-19, the SARS 2 virus that causes Coronavirus disease, or COVID-19. nCOV-19/SARS-2 is dangerous not because it kills a lot of people fast, but because it’s just barely severe enough to drive people to the hospital, and it spreads SO FAST that it totally swamps hospitals everywhere at the same time. If public health breaks down because of it, governments have to lock the world down to ensure public safety. you may not feel it or see it, but it’s here and it’s real. never before in history have ALL the nations and people of the world been so galvanized against a common adversary. and we do believe we need to remember that this is the enemy we are facing … not another country, not our government, or competing political party.
8 | what is the social impact of such a project?
real, courageous empathy to help and aid — preferably prevent — this virus from incurring havoc in your hood and being free from its suffering yourself. this virus wants to isolate us. to separate us and divide us. while it can do this physically because social distancing is wise, it only wins when it makes you forget about the world around you and bury your head into Netflix at home like an ostrich in the sand. so performing community action lovingly is a cure bigger than all the squabbling and bickering going on right now … and it’s not locked up in some lab or some snake oil. bigger… because this fearless act breaks the energy of fear and panic brought by the virus (that’s worse than the physical pain and death it brings on boomers, silents, and the immunodeficient). releasing and sharing this video in the world sends a current of thought in the collective consciousness to counter the widespread sensations of trepidation and powerlessness among the people of the world right now and replace them with a realization that every individual can add value in ease.
9 | am i entitled to any modeling comp?
nope! this is all just us showing the world what we’re truly doing to survive the current societal crisis together, the same way we voluntarily share our images on other social media platforms. we’re not profiting from this in any way.
10 | I am genuinely scared from all this.
that's why we created this project. to help you break your own fear by keeping your mind occupied with action. fear is an illusion, only danger is real. as long as you are not in danger, you have nothing to worry about. remember: there are only two things to worry about, either you are healthy or you are sick. if you are healthy, then there is nothing to worry about. but if you are sick there are only two things toworry about, either you will get well or you will die. if you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you die, you'll be so darn busy jamming songs with your friends you won't have time to worry!
SONUTION is a for-public-benefit impact project born in a lab, gifted to the world, led by holacracy.
Entity Under Formation in regulated jurisdiction for 0-Profit social enterprises.
legal mailing address
Not officially transacting nor open to solicitation during pre-launch status.
█████ OUR TEN JAZZ BAND-MENTS █████
If you're under 16, make sure a parent okays them and explains them to you. Definitions of terms and other policies can be found throughout our website.
1. YOU'LL BE DOWN FOR OUR SITE LETTING YOU DOWN. This platform is free and community-powered… so there’s no guarantees it’ll work, live up to its promises and your expectations, or stay running forever. Let it clear: SONUTION is not a service run by pros and backed with big funding; it's a support resource made by people like you and me, for us . We have other lives to live and this isn't a full-time thing.
2. GDPR AND PRIVACY: You'll trust that we NEVER sell or give away your data on purpose, and let it slide that we don't have the resources to guarantee you they'll be 110% safe. It's a shitty world out there. If you live in the EU, know that our site host is a cookie monster you are feeding. We won't ever spam you, and if you ever tell us to get rid of your data with us, we WILL delete everything we can find.
3. CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE. In all your communications with people when drumming SONUTION's beat, you'll stick to all the chivalry of respect and codes kept by fellow musicians in collabs and bands. This goes for when talking to other people in the SONUTION crew, or to strangers participating with you in a SONUTION thing. Say S(h)AL[o/a]M and PEACE and RESPECT like hiphoppers. Say LOVE and UNITY like ravers and hippies. Follow Disqus guidelines when commenting/posting on the net: Keep it civil aka don’t be a jerk, Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in, Keep it tidy (don't double-post like cray or go off topic), and If you see something, say something (we are all moderatorz). You choose it, you use it; don’t abuse it.
4. STAY WITHIN GIVEN GUIDELINES TO GET CRED. We're still in prototyping stage with 1 experiment, the "SONIETAL initiatives". To be recognized for your effort here, you MUST: 1 share a group video of minimum 8 seconds on the Internet (such as your website, blog, any social networking account) AND link to SONUTION.com or tag one of our social media handles. 2. Claim to be credited for it (through recognition or gifts/payment if and as available) from the Forum/Wall of the SONUTION community on its peer-to-peer membership platform you will be given access to, or via the comment system below. Rewards are subject to availability and provisioning by fellow SONUTION users; eligibility does not guarantee you will get anything.
5. HAVE FUN at ALL times. If you're doing this and not in your zone, and feel bad about it, stop doing it. Go do something else, because this isn't for you, at least not at that very moment. You can always come back to it when you feel it's right.
6. DON'T BURN YOURSELF OUT FAST: If you enjoy SONUTIONing and do it often, you should perform every session of a SONUTION experiment over only 99 minutes, going over to 2 hours tops, and give yourself some time between them, like a week. If you go over that, you’re going to lose people, you’re not going to have a life, and you’re missing the point of SONUTION which is to encourage SUSTAINABLE experimentation that can build momentum over time. Don’t overdo things, or you’ll lose interest. It’s okay if you’re rough and unpolished in the beginning. Quality and perfection will come naturally over a repeated habit of having run these experiments as a hobby over a prolonged period. That’s the only way you grow over looking back at how you’ve gotten better as a ‘renegade musical social scientist’.
7. PAYMENTS: During the current prototyping period, experimental SONUTION activities and products are are tested by musicians and fans as a voluntary community action; any Goodies offered by SONUTION partners/donors are an ex-gratia honorarium (gift with no obligation, liability, or contract for Sonution.com or its founders, trustees, or crew to pay for effort rendered). Cash stipends begin after launch (following end of our BETA period), subject to attraction of institutional grants for development of our activity-monitoring and payment administration system-- which relies on # of active SONUTIONers, so get started! Payout method will either standardize on a reloadable pre-paid Visa/Mastercard or a stable crypto token, depending on the regulatory status at the time for non-profits on the blockchain. Payments for running SONIETAL initiatives will happen monthly based on a combination of individual thank-you amount for each 1.5-hour SONIETAL initiative you perform, and a secondary peer payout split among the top most active SONUTIONers in the last given month. =SONUTION is what you make it. As a volunteer or other contributor, to be eligible for any stipends, remuneration gifts, or other payouts, you need to follow the rules and guidelines we give you.
8. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY ON THIS, YOU'LL ONLY DO IT WITH OUR OK FIRST. We're a social enterprise, which means post-launch we'll roll out some money-generating components like a business (to not be vulnerably reliant on charitable donations)... but are still non-commercial (no profit to founders/investors). You will not pitch, promote, vend, solicit, or market any other products/services/offerings/causes before, during, or after conducting a SONUTION experiment or using our platform (this website and other associated mediums provided by SONUTION). Know that if you charge people and SONUTION doesn't approve it, it can risk our legal commitments with sponsors, grantors, and endowers, bringing the whole platform down for you and everybody else. Because SONUTION experiments and their individual sub-components (such as each instance that any event is held) can’t be sold, participation must be FREE. Linking an expectation of money or payment may deter some participants, and that's against to the welcoming spirit of an experimenter. It’s okay if you are a center or practitioner who usually organizes sound-related ‘experiences’ for a living or sells albums, but you can’t charge people for accessing content related to SONUTION or for a SONUTION experiment. Specifically with SONIETAL initiatives, AFTER your first time running a particular one and publicly sharing the video with us, then it gets okay to leave a hat or pot for donations to cover your costs (or gratuities in the form of gifts, like food) as people leave, AS LONG AS it’s 100% voluntary (=with no pressure nor any form of implied solicitation… no asks, no winks). If we find out any commercial/financial benefit was made by a SONUTIONer outside of that which we provide, you and your organization(s) will be banned from our community, you will lose out on any incoming or future remunerations from us, and will owe us back everything we gave you.
9. USE YOUR BRAIN and try not to injure yourself. Don't do anything with or for SONUTION if you're under the influence of really bad substances. If you get hurt doing something with or for SONUTION, you're on your own and we or other fellow SONUTION crew users aren't responsible for it. But if you see someone in danger, consider intervening to keep them safe.
10. THOU SHALT STICK TO OTHER LAWS. If other laws apply to what you're doing, don't listen to the Prodigy's "$%#&* them, it's their law" mantra. So... A. Be copyleft when it comes to creations in the public domain or CC-licensed, and copyright when it comes to things that aren’t. Respecting copyrights is about respecting other humans, even if they’re not living in the gift-economy like we are. Do not infringe while associated with SONUTION. Avoid using unlicensed samples unless you have paid their publishing company. Many content owners would be super glad to give you permission if you track them down and honor their conditions. If you can’t because you can’t afford it, or because it’s too difficult to get permission, and you HAVE to use an unlicensed sample – for example a motivational speech, give credit to others work and comply with any takedown notices you might receive. B. You need to run any SONIETAL initiative in a private place that belongs to you, or in a common public area. Do not damage, vandalize, trespass or utilize any facility unless you have permission of the property owner. If you are asked by an authority to reduce the volume, move, or leave, you must do so.
That's it! Thanks for reading this far. We truly love you, and we mean it. If you have any doubt about anything, or any questions, REACH OUT to the SONUTION crew. We want to help and want this to succeed. Stay in frequent touch and contact with others in SONUTION and about SONUTION. That's real community, and it pays back to you in ways you can't imagine now.